Music can drive emotion and excite creativity, it also helps mental health recoverees to explore their souls. We are sponsored by MINDSET and Partnership Fund for the Disadvantage from Social Welfare to launch Transforming HeARTs in Music project. Project includes varies adult and adolescent activities allowing participants to express themselves through music to best use their strength, develop self-esteem, and expand their social networks.
- Adults who are affected by emotional & mental disturbance and their children reside in Wan Chai, Island East, & Kwai Tsing Districts
- Members of Adolescent Early Intention Service
- Adolescent Activities:
- Voice Out - use music ensemble and small group activities to learn singing technique together and sharing music & everyday life
- Sudden Club – sharing life stories through music, inviting you to perform and share your life stories
- Adolescent Music Buddies Project – pair participant in pair, through scheduled meetings to share music and experiences
- Adult Activities:
- Happy Choir – learn basic vocal music and music theory each week; use music and vocal to support and encourage each other!
- Dancing with Our Voice – lead by a music therapist to use music to express and exchange
- Sing Sing Sing – hold music experience activities in varieties of themes and methods regularly, from outdoor sing to music workshop
- Parent Child Activities:
- Children Choir & Parent Music Group – enhance child self-expression skill, pronunciation, communication, and social skill through chorus practice, also allowing parents to play basic instruments to perform together with their children.
- Instrument Course:
- Allow adolescents and adults to learn music instruments through music instruments courses to help develop their interest and relief stress. Courses include: electronic keyboard, ocarina, ukulele, guitar, and Cajon etc.
- Society Music Sharing:
- Participants collaborate with community members to share their recovery stories and growth experiences through multimedia art performances, using music to tell stories.
Mainly in Wan Chai, Hong Kong East, & Kwai Tsing Districts
Charges may vary depending on activities.
Contact & Enquiry
Address: 7/F, 36 Oi Kwan Road, Morrison Hill, Wan Chai, Hong Kong