Stand By U service is targeted to children/youth with parents who are emotionally/mentally distressed, to support them on socio-emotional and holistic health development, and to relieve parental stress and facilitate positive parent-child interaction so that children can have more favorable factors in their growth.
- Support children/youth with parents who are emotionally/mentally distressed, to have adequate understanding and coping strategies in face of family difficulties.
- Assist parents and facilitate children’s emotional/mental wellness and social development.
- Provide public education, to facilitate parents to be aware of own and children’s emotional/mental wellness, to understand healthy family interaction, and let children/youth and the general public to understand own/others’ needs as a young carer
Children aged under 18 with parents who are emotionally/mentally distressed, and living in the districts of Wanchai, Hong Kong East or Kwai Tsing
1. Assessment and Early Intervention Service
- Making assessment on family functioning and emotional states of children and parents
- Providing early intervention and service plan according to the needs assessed
2. Counseling service for children and family
- Providing individual counseling (including play/art therapy), and parenting guidance or family counseling/therapy according to their needs
3. Socio-emotional Education and Psychotherapy for Children
- Organising a variety of children psycho-education and therapeutic groups, and social developmental groups, including art therapy and other modalities of therapy, according to different age ranges, to enhance emotion regulation and social competence
- Providing experiential programs, support groups and volunteer service groups to promote holistic development
4. Parent Support Service
- Providing parenting education and mutual help groups, emotional health and stress management groups, therapeutic groups, and parent-child relationship groups and family activities, to enhance sense of competence, connectedness with family and community, and reduce stress and improve emotional/mental wellness, so as to enhance family functioning
5. Community Support and Community Education
- Organising community mentorship training and matching program to let the public understand the needs of young carers, and widen community support and exposure of the children.
- Holding community educational talks or exhibition to enhance parents’ awareness on emotional health among themselves, children and within family interactions
Charged according to different activities, free casework service
“Caring Parents Programme”
The project aims to relieve stress in parenting and being a parent, to let parents be aware of their personal emotional health in relation to children’s emotion and behavior, and to raise their parenting effectiveness.
Service Targets: Parents having children aged 6-18, stressed by parenting role or own emotional disturbance, living in the districts of Kwai Ching, Wanchai and Hong Kong East.
1. Stress reduction groups or workshops
2. Personal growth or support groups for parents
3. Parent-child groups and activities
7/F, Oi Kwan Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel: 3413 1542
11/F, Lancashire Centre, 361 Shau Kei Wan Road
Tel: 2434 4569